Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Busby Marou Gig: An Objective Review



To be honest, when my lovely friend Gayle asked me to join her and her fiance at the Busby Marou gig, I had no idea who/what she was talking about. Probably because I'm not cool enough. Anyway, as it was Friday night and I'm seldom invited out, I jumped at the chance.

Unfortunately, the gig was at the Andergrove Tavern. 

I haven't been to the Tavern in about 10 years, mainly because it's a dank. Not a lovable dank, but an actual dank. It makes my skin crawl, is dirty and generally populated by douche bags/stupid bitches - all of whom are drunk and speaking ridiculously loud and high pitched. Ugh. 

Anyway, the gig was SHIT. And I'm not just saying that because I don't really know who Busby Marou are. Really. The venue? Shit. The people? Shit. The sound/acoustics? Shit. The bands? SHIT!

Seriously. We stood there for 2.5 hours and didn't even notice when the back up bands left the stage. That's how bad they were. It was 2+ hours of University brand hipster music. 

I can't go on with this. It was terrible. Mackay - STOP HAVING GIGS AT THE GROVE! Jeez. 

1 rubber chicken - and that's being generous.






No comments:

Post a Comment